dimanche 6 novembre 2011

Speak the Truth - Swizz Beatz (about business, branding and motivation)



"The evolution happened just with me being who I am and thinking outside of the box. My famous quote I came up with is “the sky is not the limit it’s just the view.” I look at it going back to the days when people thought I should just stick to deejaying. Just think about that. If I had just stuck to deejaying I think I would have been one of the best DJs but you would’ve never known me as Swizz Beatz, the producer. That means DMX would’ve never had “Stop Drop” [“Ruff Ryder’s Anthem”], Jay-Z would’ve never had “Jigga …” [“Jigga My N--ga”]. 500 plus songs wouldn’t have been contributed to our culture if I didn’t follow my heart no matter what doors I had to knock down to move forward. The one thing that I do is that I do everything that I love. There’s a lot of opportunities for me to do this and that [and] they’re all big amazing things but if I can’t wake up in the morning feeling great about what I’m doing then I’m doing the wrong thing. So I just cleared everything off of my table and said I’m only doing what I love doing from this point on. Life is too short."


La suite de l'interview sur le site du magasine Black Enterprise : http://www.blackenterprise.com/benext/2011/10/27/swizz-beatz-talks-business-branding-and-motivation/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire